Basil is a culinary herb, prominently featured in Italian cuisine.
Types of Basil in Stock:
- Napoletano- spicy, traditional basil flavor.
- Purple Ruffles- fragrance and flavor is stronger than Sweet Basil but milder than Green Ruffles. Its purple, ruffles leaves makes for an attractive garnish
- Amethyst- the only purple Genoves-type basil. Great compannion and substitute for sweeter basil varieties and is a great seasoning for pastas, pizzas, and sauces, as well as eaten raw with olive oil, mozzarella cheese and tomatoes.
- Genovese Compact- similar flavor, appearance, and leaf size as Genovese but in a more compact plant.
- That (Siam Queen)- very strong, clove-scented basil. Used widely for its livorice-like, slightly spicy flavor.